I’ve taken a brief hiatus from porting here but ready to start again because I have picked up a lot of new music over the past month. So here is all the new stuff I’ve been into.
- Ys (2006)
- Have One On Me (2010)
- Either/ Or (1997)
- Chutes Too Narrow (2004)
- Oh, Inverted World (2001)
Death Cab For Cutie
- Plans (2005)
- Franz Ferdinand (2005)
This one is weird because the artists under this label didn’t often release full length albums, just singles. I’ve listened to a couple compilations and they’re incredible. They don’t vary much from the formula, even among different artists.
Everything in their discography is gold. Rod Stewart at his best. Check it out. To me it’s late-night bar music, fully stocked with all the emotional eruptions that come a night of heavy drinking.
- Court and Spark (1974)
- Songs For Beginners (1971)
- Ian Hunter (1975)
Iron and Wine
- Our Endless Numbered Days (2006)
The War on Drugs
- A Deeper Understanding (2017)
- Freudian (2017)…surprisingly awesome
- AM (1996)
- Out to Lunch (1964)… Not very big on jazz, but I’m trying to really get it.
- Mick Taylor (1975)
Mott The Hoople
- All the Young Dudes (1972)…David Bowie produced, and you can tell
- Stormcock (1971)
That pretty much sums it up. I only included the stuff that I haven’t heard before, but really enjoyed listening to. So no “old stuff” here, although I have been listening to a lot of Arctic Monkeys, Eric Clapton, Carole King, Elvis Costello, and various country.